Come on the Hiyield journey with us
You’ll be joining a team of 25 people at an exciting time, with a chance to have a real impact.
We have two main workstreams that everyone gets involved in
- Early and growth stage Startups, where we deliver technical and product development services. We try to be fully integrated with these startups, shaping their product, coding their platforms.
- Bespoke Websites & Apps. We handle the full lifecycle of the project from discovery to delivery. You will be leading the team to deliver the project – managing tasks on our Project Management system and delegating to junior members of the team.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for smart, enthusiastic, and dependable developers who’ll bring more than just coding to the position. You should apply if…
- You have an enthusiasm for technology and an inquisitive mind, always looking for a better way.
- You want to design and build exciting user-centred websites and digital products
- You work well independently and can manage your own time and tasks
You enjoy a team environment, working collaboratively
- You’re a good communicator, and able to give and receive constructive feedback.
What experience we’re looking for
We’re modern devs. Our stack is Vue3/Nuxtjs on the front end, and Node/express.js on the backend. Most of the hard parts of dev ops are deferred to cloud providers – mainly Google Cloud Run and Netlify, and we’re into NoSql databases like MongoDb and Firestore. We use Github to store all of our codebases and follow git-flow.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Strong knowledge of
- Strong knowledge of Vue.js
- Experience working in a team
And bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of Nuxt.js
- Knowledge of Vue3 composition API
- Backend node.js/express experience
- Experience with Firestore db
We are a small team, but our company culture revolves around collaboration, transparency, and people having the space to explore the best outcomes. Respect is important at Hiyield.
At Hiyield, we deeply value diversity and strive to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment for all. We believe that diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds contribute to our overall success and growth. We are committed to fostering an atmosphere that celebrates individuality, promotes equality, and embraces the unique strengths of every team member. We actively encourage applications from candidates of all races, ethnicities, genders, religions, ages, abilities, and sexual orientations.
We want to create an environment where everyone can thrive and succeed, whilst being their authentic selves.
We offer a salary of £25,000 to £35,000.
We have an office in Truro, Cornwall and a hub in central London, but we’re a flexible working team and will consider remote workers for this position. Ideally, we’d like a balance of some office time and some remote.
As a small team, we work flexibly and will trust you to manage your own time and resources. We’ll pay for anything you need to support you in your role.
We’ll be growing our package of benefits over time.
We currently offer:
- 25 days (Plus bank holidays) flexible holiday.
- Salary reviews every six months
- A workplace pension scheme where we pay 3%, if you pay 5%.
- Flexible working (including working from home).
- A brand new laptop device, 4K displays, and any other equipment you need.
- An annual training budget
- Regular (and optional) team socials.
- Private healthcare
We want our interview process to be as straightforward and enjoyable as possible. The first step will be a quick call to discuss the basics of the role and to help decide if we’ll be a good fit. We’ll then follow up with a one-hour general technical interview. There are no trick questions or whiteboard exercises, but it would be good to see some examples of your code.
Ready to apply?
Alrighty then, superstar! Fill in the form below, and we’ll be in touch if we think that Hiyield is the right fit for you 😀
"*" indicates required fields